Pesky iOS7 ‘bug’ with Microsoft Exchange 2010

After upgrading devices to iOS7 email sync breaks. We found that this was because we had disabled a number of VERBS on the server for security reasons. Re-enabling them fixed the problem. Heres how to do it

On Microsoft Exchange Server

Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

Double click ‘Request Filtering’

iis

Under HTTP Verbs ensure only OPTIONS and TRACE are blocked

request_filtering

Restart IIS

You may also need to remove the Exchange account and add it back in

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *